Endocrinology is the branch of medicine that studies the functioning and different diseases of the endocrine system, glands and their specific secretions called hormones.
An endocrinologist is the doctor specialized in this branch who knows how to treat and understand the complex relationships and structures between the different glandular systems.
The pathologies we treat are those related to the effects of hormones in the human body.
– Problems related to food: obesity, anorexia and bulimia.
– Thyroid. Problems of hyper or hypothyroidism
– Calcemia (parathyroid hormone)
– Problems of the adrenal glands
– Dyslipidemia (cholesterol and triglycerides)
– Metabolism of purine (uric acid)